Sunday 15 September 2013

Scary Reddit


I was advised to post my blog onto Reddit to see how people would react to it; it seemed to be a really big mistake. I did it without saying to any of my friends otherwise they would have warned me not to. The first comment was about me being an attention whore which then I should go kill myself. At first I laughed about it as I don't think I've ever came across people's reply's like this. Going onto website like Reddit which I don't use often really opened my eyes to the 'anonymity of the internet' theory.

One person in particular mentioned about my previous post and wrote that I write in grotesque ways and that my grammar isn't very good (while making many errors himself..herp). I think I must have hit a nerve with this person, they seemed to have taken offense to the way I had written.

My friend who was sitting reading the reviews (who is male) stated that the internet is full of people like this: who think that gender, race, color makes you less of an equal to them. It is really hard for me to imagine that people think in this way. Who think it is acceptable for women to be sexualised but not men, who think the color of your skin makes an actual difference in anything. It also saddens me that the internet has become a place of people to unleash a side of them they would otherwise not portray due to anonymity. Maybe the person who was saying nasty thing's did actually believe that i was wrong: that women should be sexualised for men but not the other way around. Or their life had so much bad stuff going on that he feels like the internet is his escape to unleash all the hatred.

As much as people like or dislike my blog, it's my choice to make it and voice what I have to say just as much as everyone else weather you agree with it not.




Pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment