Tuesday 17 December 2013

Being a Professional Gamer: the consequences.


About four to five hours ago I was scouting through Snoopehs facebook and something interested me. It was a reddit post on Locodoco and a youtube vlog clip. 

"My thoughts on Locodoco situation is one which I think all pro players or aspiring to be ones should consider" Snoopeh.  

 Watch this clip and take a few moments to think about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiV2LGIrbOk&feature=youtu.be

Now when I first watched this, I felt bad for him. Since his 'professional' gaming career has gone lop sided he seems to be at a loss with no qualifications to do something else. If anyone chooses to become a professional gamer you need to think about the consequences and this includes missing out on gaining valuable education for the future. 

I being a medical professional, I dislike the misuse of the word depression. The general rule of the public is that when someone says they are depressed, it means they are sad or unhappy. Depression is a very horrible thing when it affects someone and it looks nothing like that YouTube clip. 

The more I watched this, and the more I read Locodoco's Twitter about it the more I stopped feeling sorry for him. I am really old fashioned to an extent where I cringe at anyone giving out such personal information on the net. posting pictures with the heading 'Alive but dead inside'. Not only did I stop feeling sorry for him, I became annoyed.  Here is this 'professional player' that has had a once in lifetime chance to do what he is doing and in the end he is upset because he isn't the best and his parents are shouting at him.

If anyone decides to post something in any form of the internet you need to be prepared for the good and bad reviews that come with it. So many people unleash something on the internet and when it has reviews they don't like they reply with something like "you don't understand what I'm going through"...then why post anything on the internet? what are you looking for? someone to feel sorry for you? 

For once it would be nice to see someone who is grateful for the things they do have rather than moan about the thing's they don't. Locodoco you have a roof over your head, a family and food on the table. You have more than what a lot of people will ever experience in their lives.


Pad. 







No comments:

Post a Comment